Sedation Dentistry Near You
Dental phobia is, unfortunately, very common among patients of all ages. Why? Because a large majority of people are afraid of experiencing pain while in the dentist’s chair and because they are unsure what to expect during their treatment.
If this is something you deal with, remember, you’re not alone. Second, did you know that there is a way to address this? That’s right. With the help of sedation dentistry, dentists in Red Deer can help patients fix their smiles and stay relaxed at the same time. At our dental centre, we provide sedation dentistry near you. We highly encourage you to come in and learn more about this treatment; our staff is happy to help you out!
Looking Closely at Dental Sedation
Dental sedation is a unique branch of oral healthcare; it’s devoted to helping patients remain calm and comfortable at the dentist. After all, fear and anxiety shouldn’t prevent you from acquiring the care you need to stay healthy and happy.
What It Can Address
If any of the following apply to you or a loved one, you may be a suitable candidate for dental sedation near you:
- An overactive gag reflex
- High sensitivity
- Difficulty sitting still
- Need a long or complex procedure
- Have special needs
- Low pain tolerance
- Fear of dental appointments
- Feel claustrophobic in the dental chair
Types of Sedation
Most dental clinics offer multiple sedation options; the most appropriate method for you depends on your age, current health state, the extent of the invasiveness, and, more importantly, what your Red Deer dentist recommends.
- “Laughing Gas” – Nitrous oxide (laughing gas) is the mildest form of dental sedation. You are kept awake during the treatment and won’t feel any pain; rather, you’ll feel light and comfortable. You can easily respond to questions, and the effects wear off quickly. It is administered through a mask over your nose.
- Oral – A slightly higher dosage of mediation is given to patients who receive oral sedation. You’ll take a pill a few hours before your appointment. Though you won’t fall asleep, you’ll feel quite woozy.
- IV – Intravenous sedation is administered directly into your bloodstream. It works quickly, and you will eventually fall asleep and not remember much, if any, of the appointment. It’s advised that you have someone drive you to and from the clinic if you’re getting IV sedation.
In some cases, patients can also receive general anesthesia, which is frequently used in hospitals. A dentist must be qualified to administer this; an anesthesiologist may even be brought in to assist.
You must attend a session with a dentist near you before receiving this type of care. Not everyone is a suitable candidate for sedation dentistry in Red Deer.
Talk with Our Experts to Learn More
Heritage Family Dental provides sedation dentistry treatment; if this is something that you, a friend, or a family member are interested in, contact us today. We’ll put you in touch with one of our dentists near you! We are to ensure your time with us is as smooth as it can be!